Adobo is an all time favorite of many filipino.
It is very easy to cook and does not require a lot of ingredients. ( at least for my version )
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 5 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 medium Onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 kilo Chicken – skin-on chicken thighs and breast
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 small pouch of pineapple (any brand will do as long as its sweet )
- In a pot over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until limp.
- Add chicken while stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Add vinegar and bring to a boil, uncovered and without stirring, for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, water , pepper and Continue to boil for about 2 to 3 minutes. Lower heat, cover and continue to cook until meat is almost tender and sauce is reduced.
- pour in your pineapple , bring to a boil.
- add sugar if u want it sweeter
- Serve hot.
This is what kids would enjoy over rice..
The combination of soy sauce and pineapple is a perfect match.
Happy cooking 💖